Puff Pastry Pizza with Vegetables & Cheeses2020-09-24
- Servings: 4
It’s easy, flaky, crispy, delicious and, most of all, quick to prepare if you use ready made puff pastry.
When I tried it the first time with all the ingredients that I wanted to use, I was not sure it will work with this kind of pastry. It did and it was “wholesome” and yummy.
I made one big pizza with the pastry sheet but if you prefer, you can cut the sheet into smaller individual pieces.
- 1 whole sheet of puff pastry (375g)
- 1 shallot thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 bell pepper (any colour), roughly julienned
- 1 medium-size courgette, thinly sliced into half moon (optional: keep 8 round pieces whole As decoration)
- About 8 baby mushrooms, cut into halves
- About 10 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 50g of grated Parmesan cheese or vegan alternative
- 2 fresh mozzarella cheese (125g each), or vegan alternative, roughly shredded
- 3 or 4 tbsp of olive oil
- A handful of shredded basil + leaves of 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper, to your taste
Preheat the oven to 200°. Unroll the defrosted puff pastry onto a large baking tray, lined with parchment, then take a knife and score a border of roughly 1 cm from the edge. Prick all over with a fork.
Place a wok style pan on a high heat and stir fry very quickly the shallots and garlic followed by the mushrooms, courgettes, peppers and cherry tomatoes. Add the herbs, the grated cheese and the seasonings. The whole operation should not take long as you need to have your vegetables really al dente.
Spread the whole mixture on the pastry, making sure you don’t overlap the border. Top with the shredded mozzarella cheese or the vegan alternative then bake 25 or 30 minutes until the pastry has risen and is golden.
If you like, scatter over some rocket leaves before serving! Enjoy!