Butternut Squah*, Potato, Green pepper, Cherry Tomatoes & Chorizo Picante2018-10-26
- Servings: 2 or 3
An autumn inspired recipe! I was not sure in the beginning that It would be good but it was! The combination of ingredients really worked!
If you are a vegetarian or a vegan, replace the chorizo with chickpeas, or any cooked dry beans, and 1 tsp of hot smoked paprika.
* Or pumpkin!
- 1/3 of butternut squash, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 green pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 large red onion, cut into wings
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- About 6 to 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Around 75g of chorizo picante, sliced (wrapping skin removed, preferably)
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric (healthy supplement)
- A small handful of chopped parsley
- Salt, to taste
Heat the oil in a wok or a similar pan on medium high heat. Start by frying first the garlic then the onion wings. Cook until the onion has slightly caramelised.
Now add all the other ingredients, mix well and stir fry on high heat for 5 minutes before lowering the heat to the minimum. Cover with a lid and cook further until the vegetables are tender. No need to add any water as the tomatoes and vegetables will render their own liquid.
Adjust the taste to your liking before removing from the heat. Sprinkle with parsley and serve warm or at room temperature.