Rainbow Rice Salad2021-03-19
- Servings : 3 or 4
Whenever I have leftover rice I love to use it to prepare this « rainbow named » salad which is nutritious, delicious and most of all zesty. I recommend to keep it in the fridge for 1 or 2 hours before serving it.
There are no accurate measures of ingredients for this salad except for the rice. I have used 2 cups of cooked rice. You can add more of one ingredient or less of another.
- 2 cups of cooked rice
- Half red and half green peppers, finely diced
- 1 handful of cooked sweet corn
- 1 handful of rocket leaves, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, finely diced
- 1 handful of cucumber, finely diced
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 heaped tbsp of pesto or 2 large minced cloves of garlic (the latter for vegans)
- 1 handful of raisins or sultanas
- Few radishes, finely chopped
- About 3 tbsp of olive oil
- Lemon juice, to taste
- Salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper, to taste
Mix all the ingredients together then taste and adjust the seasonings, if needed. Refrigerate for 1 or 2 hours to allow the right and good taste to develop then serve.