Cauliflower Florets in Tomato Sauce2019-08-27
- Servings : 4
To change from the steamed or boiled cauliflower, You can prepare this very healthy vegetable with tomato sauce.
To obtain the right taste, you need to fry the cauliflower florets. The best is to airfry with 1 or 2 tbsp of olive oil. If you don’t have an airfryer then deep fry them in a pan, or at least shallow fry them in a skillet. If you are adamant that frying of any sort does not work for you, then prepare it without frying. It will still be good but not exactly the same taste.
- 1 medium size cauliflower, cut into florets , washed and dried
- 2 tbsp of oil to airfry or enough oil for frying + 2 tbsp of olive oil to sauté onions, garlic and coriander
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 or 5 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 big handful of chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tin of peeled tomatoes or 2 tbsp of tomato paste
- 1 organic vegetable stock cube
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric (healthy supplement)
- Black or white pepper and salt, to taste
Airfry or fry the florets in hot oil, over high heat, until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and keep aside.
Put a skillet over medium heat and add 2 tbsp of olive oil and fry first the onions until slightly coloured then add the garlic and coriander. Stir fry for 2 or 3 minutes before adding the tinned tomatoes or the tomato paste diluted in a little bit of water.
Add a little bit more water if needed to cook the sauce. Add the stock cube and season with spices and salt. When the sauce is ready and to your taste, add the fried cauliflower. Mix well to combine. Leave to cook for 5 more minutes then remove from the heat. Serve this cauliflower warm or at room temperature.