- Cuisine: Inspired
- Add to favorites
- Servings: 2
This fried couscous is similar to the fried rice but has no egg. This recipe was inspired to use up some leftover of couscous grains that I had prepared to accompany a couscous stew!
I made it with ingredients I had in my fridge and in my pantry. It’s a versatile recipe, easy and tasty!
- 1 cup of cooked couscous
- One handful of coloured peppers, chopped
- One small handful of frozen green peas
- One small handful of frozen corn
- One small handful of frozen baby broadbeans (aka fava beans)
- 2 or 3 spring onions, chopped
- 3 gloves of garlic and one thumb-size of ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp of light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil + 1 tbsp of sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp of each: turmeric, white or black pepper & fennel seeds
- Chili flakes to taste and salt if needed
Put a wok on a medium high heat with the 2 oils. When hot enough, throw in the peppers, peas, corn, fava beans, garlic and ginger. Mix to combine then add the spices and the soy sauce. Stir-fry until the vegetables are cooked but not mushy (retaining a slight crunch). Finally add the couscous, mix to combine and stir-fry for another minute. Taste and adjust the seasonings if needed. Serve warm topped with chopped spring onions.