Seafood with Whole Wheat Pasta – Spaghetti Marinara2019-03-09
- Servings : 2
Spaghetti Marinara is a classic Italian seafood pasta using a mix of seafood such as prawns, calamari, shelled mussels… usually cooked with a tomato sauce. My recipe uses fresh cherry tomatoes instead. It’s delicious, healthy and quick to prepare!
- 200g of dry spaghetti or linguine
- 1 pack of frozen and pre-prepared seafood mix (about 400g)
- 1 punnet of fresh cherry tomatoes (about 250g), washed and cut in two
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 or 4 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- A glug of white wine
- 1 big handful of chopped fresh parsley
- Fresh red or green chili, to taste
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric (healthy supplement)
- Pepper and salt, to taste
While the pasta is being cooked in a pot of salted water, according to packet directions (al dente), place a frying pan on medium heat. Add the olive oil then the onion, the garlic and the ????. Cook for few minutes, stirring every now and then. Add the cherry tomatoes and the wine and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Add the pre-prepared seafood (raw prawns, raw calamari and shelled cooked mussels - in this recipe - or any other seafood of your choice). Season with salt, pepper and turmeric. Stir fry for 2 minutes (prawns and calamari need a very short time to cook). Scatter the parsley, give it a good mix then remove from the heat. Serve with a green salad on the side.