Puff Pastry Cheese Tart2023-07-10
- Servings: 4, 6
This cheese tart is so good and so easy to prepare!
I had in my fridge a block of feta cheese and other hard cheeses that needed to be used before getting spoiled. I usually use up left over cheeses in some pasta sauce but this time I decided to use them in this tart.
N.B. : you can use any cheeses.
- One sheet of ready made puff pastry
- About 400g of grated mixed cheeses (feta, Gouda, emmental, mozzarella…)
- 150 ml of double cream mixed with one whole egg
- One big handful of finely chopped chives
- One handful of finely chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and white pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 180 C. For this tart I used an approximate 30x20 cm pan which was a perfect size for the ready-made and rolled puff pastry sheet. After lining the pastry, prick the base all over with a fork then cover with a piece of baking paper topped with beans or other weights. Blind bake for about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven when done.
In a bowl, mix to combine the grated cheeses with the cream, one whole egg and the chopped herbs. Finally, add the salt and white pepper, to taste, then spread the mix evenly onto the pastry. Bake for about 30/35 minutes or until it has a mottled golden top.