Guacamole – Mexican Mashed Avocado2019-03-27
- Servings : 2
i believe Guacamole, which is made mainly of avocados (native to Mexico), is one of the most famous Mexican dishes. It was created by the ancient Aztecs and is now very popular around the world. Avocados are tasty and known to be of high nutritional value.
You can eat Guacamole as a salad, a spread or a dip.
For Guacamole Con Chiles which is the spicy version, do add to the ingredients cited herein some green chili, fresh coriander and 1 tomato, cut up.
- 2 ripe avocados but not too mushy - 1 avocado per person (approximately)
- Lime or lemon juice, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, finely mashed
- 1 white onion or 3 spring onions, finely cut up
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper (optional)
- Salt, to taste
Cut the avocados in 2 halves, remove the pits then scoop all the flesh and put in a bowl.
Mash the avocados with the back of a fork! It has to be a bit chunky. Add the lime or lemon juice and the other ingredients. Incorporate evenly, taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.