Salad of mashed potatoes – Batata Mutabbaleh2021-06-08
- Servings : 2
This is another Lebanese recipe, unusual in its form but so tasty and simple to make.
When I first prepared this dish for my British husband, he was surprised that it had to be eaten cold or at room temperature and not pipping hot😊!
It is served as a side dish or part of the mezzeh.
- 4 medium size potatoes, peeled and boiled in salty water
- 1 large handful of flat parsley, finely chopped
- 3 stalks of spring onions (or 1 medium shallot), finely chopped
- 1 tsp of grated lemon zest
- A squeeze of lemon juice (this salad must not be too tangy)
- 4 or more tbsp of olive oil, for mashing + 1 extra tbsp to drizzle on top before serving
- 1 or 2 garlic cloves, finely mashed
- 1/2 tsp of white pepper
- Salt, to taste and if needed
After boiling the potatoes, drain them and mash them first with olive oil until they are creamy like. You might need to use a bit more of olive oil than suggested.
Now add to the mashed potatoes all the other ingredients. Mix well to combine then taste. Adjust seasonings if needed. Serve it topped with a drizzle of olive oil.