Roasted Chicken and Potatoes in Lemon & Garlic Sauce2019-03-20
- Servings: 2
This Lebanese dish is a perfect family meal liked by adults and children alike. It is hearty, deliciously tangy and so quick to prepare.
Some vegetables and/or a mixed salad would be perfect accompaniments.
N.B.: I use chicken legs or thighs for this recipe but you can use any other chicken cuts.
- 2 chicken legs with skin & bone (1 leg per person)
- Potatoes peeled and cut into round and thin slices (minimum 1 large potato per person)
- olive oil
- 1/2 tsp of each of the following spices: allspice, cinnamon, black pepper & turmeric
- 1 tbsp of garlic powder and 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Salt, to taste
- 4 garlic cloves, mashed into a fine paste
- Juice of 1 lemon, or to taste
- A drizzle of water
Preheat the oven to 200C. Coat the potato slices with 2 tbsp of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt then place them in a baking dish. In a bowl, mix the spices, the garlic powder, the thyme & more salt with another 2 tbsp of olive oil. Rub the chicken legs with this mixture then place them on top of the potatoes. Bake for about 50 minutes, uncovered.
In the meantime, In another bowl mix together the mashed garlic with lemon juice, a bit of salt and a drizzle of water then set aside. Once the chicken and the potatoes are cooked and golden, pour this garlicky mixture over and bake for another 10 minutes.