- Cuisine: Inspired
- Servings : 2
We all know the Italian Caprese salad which is made with mozzarella and fresh tomatoes.
For a change, I tried other ways of presenting mozzarella. One is with raw courgette noodles and the second is with sun dried tomatoes.
These easy to prepare starters are really appreciated by my family and friends!
- INGREDIENTS FOR MOZZARELLA WITH COURGETTE NOODLES:
- Raw courgette noodles (2 spiralized courgettes)
- 1 whole fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp of mayonnaise mixed with 2 tbsp of sour cream and 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, finely mashed
- 1 tsp of unwaxed and preferably organic lemon zest
- Salt & white pepper to season the noodles + a sprinkle of coarse black pepper on top of the whole salad
- INGREDIENTS FOR MOZZARELLA AND SUN DRIED TOMATOES:
- 2 large fresh mozzarella cheeses (preferably buffalo)
- 10 or 12 pieces of marinated sun dried tomatoes
- A drizzle of olive oil
- A sprinkle of black pepper and dried oregano
Starter 1 : In a large bowl, mix the courgette noodles with the prepared creamy sauce, the mashed garlic and the lemon zest. Season with salt and white pepper. Transfer onto a platter then top with the mozzarella pieces (sliced beforehand) and a sprinkle of coarse black pepper.
Starter 2 : Slice each mozzarella cheese into pocket style slices (see photo) then place 1 piece of dried tomato in each pocket. Sprinkle with coarse black pepper & dried oregano then drizzle with olive oil. Decorate with a green herb of your choice (optional).