Spaghetti with a « Cheese, Mushrooms, Cherry Tomatoes & Pesto » salsa2021-04-08
- Servings : 2
It was a day when I could not decide what to cook that I concocted this sauce. Most of The ingredients chosen had to be used before the “best before” date. And pasta, more precisely spaghetti, is my preferred dish when I am not in the mood of cooking.
The sauce was really good! When my husband said that he loved it (he is usually my guinea pig) I immediately wrote down the ingredients before forgetting them. Here is the recipe!
N.B.: for the cheese, choose preferably a white, salty, tangy and crumbly cheese.
- 200g of spaghetti
- 100g of goat or feta cheese, crumbled
- 100g of fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 banana shallot or white onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp of red pepper paste or paprika
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- Chili flakes, to taste (optional)
- 250g of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 tbsp of pesto
- A large handful of rocket, roughly chopped
- 2 or 3 tbsp of olive oil
- Salt & black pepper, to taste
Put a wok-style pan over a medium high heat then add the olive oil and sauté the garlic and the shallot. When slightly coloured, add the mushrooms and keep sautéing for 1 or 2 minutes before adding all the other ingredients, except the cheese, the salt and the pepper.
When the tomatoes have wilted and formed a sauce, add the crumbled cheese and mix well to combine. If the mixture is too dry add a splash of water (ideally from the spaghetti’s cooking water). Now add the black pepper but taste before adding any salt.
Toss the spaghetti (cooked al dente) with the sauce and serve warm, with a side dish of green salad or some other baked vegetables.