- Yield: 4
This classic salad has originated in Nice, South of France and is world famous. Over the years, the ingredients have fluctuated but my recipe is the most commonly used….and is really tasty.
Canned tuna or whole anchovies (see photo) may also be added although it is not part of this recipe.
it can be prepared in advance (it will even taste better).
- 2 boiled potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 150g of French green beans, cooked al dente
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- About 10 pitted black olives
- 4 boiled eggs, halved
- 1 big shallot, finely sliced and 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- About 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 50 g of canned anchovies (about 8 small anchovies)
- Vinaigrette (olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper (enough to coat the salad)
- Basil leaves, to scatter
Start with preparing the vinaigrette by mixing olive oil with wine vinegar (red or white), garlic, shallots, salt and pepper.
Then add all the other ingredients except the eggs and anchovies. Toss well and adjust the seasoning if needed.
Arrange the salad on a serving dish and then top with the halved eggs, the anchovies and the basil leaves. At this stage, you can also add the tuna if you like