Batata Harra – Spicy Potatoes2018-03-20
- Cuisine: Lebanese
- Add to favorites
- Servings: 2 or 3
This is another popular Lebanese dish. It is simply made with potatoes, coriander, garlic, chili… and it is highly addictive.
It is also part of the Lebanese mezze and served in most Lebanese restaurants.
The potatoes are diced in bite size cubes and deep fried. Should you not want to deep fry, use an air fryer (my method) or roast them in the oven with some olive oil.
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced into bite size cubes
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp of coriander powder
- 1 tsp of paprika
- Fresh chili, finely chopped or chili paste, to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- A handful of fresh coriander, leaves and stems finely chopped
- Pepper and salt, to taste
Deep fry with frying oil or air fry or roast the potato cubes in the oven with some olive oil until golden brown.
In the meantime, place a skillet on medium heat. Add the 3 tbsp of olive oil followed by the garlic, the chili, the other spices and salt. Stir fry for 2 minutes then add the already fried potatoes and the fresh coriander. Toss until the potatoes are well coated then remove from the heat.
Serve this spicy potatoes warm or at room temperature as a side dish or part of a mezze.