Baked Lamb Chops, on a Bed of Onions & Potatoes2019-10-18
- Servings: 4
This recipe is a simple one-pan meal and a time saver! It is flavourful, perfect for a family gathering and nutritionally balanced when served with some greens on the side.
There is only one advisable step to do before cooking the chops which is to marinate them at least for few hours. Overnight would be best!
- 12 lamb chops
- 2 large onions, cut into rings
- 4 large potatoes, parboiled then sliced into round pieces (not too thick)
- Marinade for the chops: 1 tsp of each: allspice, cinnamon, garlic powder, dried green za'atar or oregano - 1/2 tsp of each: turmeric, white pepper and salt - 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Seasonings for the potato and onion cuts: salt & pepper, to taste, and enough olive oil for baking
- Sauce to drizzle at the end : Leaves of 1 sprig of fresh rosemary and 3 garlic cloves, finely minced + 1 lemon juice mixed with 2 tbsp of water (and salt if needed).
Preheat the oven to 190 C. Take a large baking tray, place in it the potato and onion cuts already seasoned with salt, pepper and olive oil. Make sure all is properly aligned. Bake for approximately 30mn.
After 30mn, add the lamb chops on top of the potatoes and onions and continue to bake until the chops are nicely roasted (about half an hour).
Take the tray out of the oven, drizzle evenly the sauce (lemon, garlic....) on top then put back in the oven for about 5 more minutes. Serve with some green vegetables or a salad.