Polish Style Minced Pork Patties – Kotlete Mielone2022-11-06
- Cuisine: Polish
- Course: Main course
- Add to favorites
- Servings: 2 or 4
My mother used to serve these patties regularly in our household, together with a creamy mashed potatoes and a side dish of cooked beetroots. I love this combination and cook it whenever I feel «homesick»!
In my recipe, I have added a sauce done with dried porcini mushrooms (fresh mushrooms are ok too if you have no porcini) and onions. The sauce is optional. You can serve these patties on their own.
- 250g of minced pork
- One onion finely chopped, or grated through large holes
- 0ne handful of bread soaked in milk then squeezed
- One egg
- A pinch of nutmeg + salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 or 3 tbsp of olive oil (you can use butter instead)
- One big handful of fine and dried bread crumbs
- For the sauce: about 50g of drained porcini, one large onion sliced into wings, 2 garlic finely chopped, 2 bay leaves, salt & pepper to taste and a dash of red or white wine or stock
In a bowl, put all the ingredients and the meat together (except the breadcrumbs) and mix and knead until well combined, then form the patties (I got 2 large and 2 medium = 4 patties). Dip each patty in the breadcrumbs, on each side, then put aside in the refrigerator for few minutes.
While the patties are in the fridge, drain the soaked porcini mushrooms then cut them into smaller pieces. Cut the onions into wings, chop the garlic then put everything aside.
Place a frying pan on a medium-high heat and pour in 2 or 3 tbsp of olive oil. Fry the patties until well cooked and nicely browned. Remove and put them in a warm place. In the same frying pan, throw in the onions, the garlic, the mushrooms and the seasonings. Stir-fry until the onions are fragrant and slightly coloured. Add few drops of wine or stock one or two minutes before the end. Put the patties in the sauce and serve.
Serve with creamy mashed potatoes and a warm salad of beetroots! 😉😊😋