Beetroot and Chicken Salad2022-10-14
- Servings: 2
I usually do this kind of salad when I have some chicken leftover. I like to combine the chicken with a cooked vegetable and, of course, with some fresh salad and herbs.
It’s an attractive dish, perfect as a starter, light lunch, or even dinner!
- 1 cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 2 medium cooked beetroots, one julienned and the other cut into round pieces
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 2 handfuls of cut salad leaves or shoots
- 1 small handful of your favourite herb (parsley, oregano, chive, dill…)
- Vinaigrette dressing: 5 or 6 tbsp of olive oil - 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar - 1 tbsp of Dijon mustard - 1 tsp of garlic powder - 1 tbsp of honey (optional) - salt & pepper to taste
Assemble all the ingredients on a large plate, starting with the salad, then the julienned beetroot, then the chicken. Top evenly with chopped spring onions and herbs. Place the round pieces of beetroot on the plate’s edges then drizzle generously the vinaigrette all over. Bon appétit!