Vietnamese & Vegan Rice Vermicelli Salad2020-05-03
- Servings: 3 or 4
This salad is delightful, fresh and healthy! It can be a simple meal on it’s own or an accompaniment to another dish.
The Vietnamese use fish sauce but for this vegan version we will use soy sauce instead.
NB: you can replace some of the vegetables and use others, to your liking.
- 2 handfuls of cooked rice vermicelli
- 2 handfuls of cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 handfuls of carrots, cut into ribbons with a peeler
- 1 or half green pepper, finely sliced
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced lengthwise
- 1 thumb of fresh ginger and 2 garlic cloves, all grated
- 1 handful of fresh mint, finely shredded
- Juice of 1 lime (lemon if no lime), or to your taste
- 2 or 3 tbsp of sweet chili sauce (or same amount of sugar, and chili to your taste)
- 2 or 3 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tsp of sesame oil
- 1 tbsp of rice vinegar
- 1 small handful of roasted peanuts
Prepare the dressing by whisking ginger and garlic with lime, sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil and rice vinegar. Taste, and adjust to your liking if needed.
In a large bowl, combine the cooked Vermicelli and the vegetables with the dressing. Toss well then scatter the peanuts on top. Chill before serving.