Split Lentils, Kale and Chard Soup2022-10-17
- Servings: 2
This lentil and veggie soup is so easy and quick to prepare. Beside being healthy, it’s also non calorific!
I usually do it for lunch as we have a more consistent meal for dinner.
- 1 cup of split orange lentils, washed
- 3 or 4 leaves of Cavolo Nero (kale), washed and stripped
- 2 or 3 Swiss chard leaves, washed and roughly chopped
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly sliced
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of each: allspice, turmeric and black pepper
- Salt and lemon juice, to taste
Pour about 3 or 4 cups of water into a pot then add the washed lentils. While the lentils are cooking on a medium high heat, put all the vegetables, including the onion and garlic, into a food processor and pulse until the vegetables are finely shredded. Add the vegetables, olive oil, spices and lemon juice to the lentils and keep on a lower heat until the soup is cooked. Add the salt at the end and adjust the seasonings to your liking.