Spaghetti with smoked salmon and green asparagus2018-06-12
- Servings: 2 or 3
Who doesn’t love pasta! Most people do and I am a big fan of all kinds of pasta.
The following recipe was inspired by the fact that I had 1 pack of smoked salmon and another of green asparagus in my fridge and both were nearing the expiry date. I don’t like to waste any food!
…And it was really tasty!
- 200g of spaghetti, or any other pasta of your choice
- 200g of smoked salmon, sliced into smaller pieces
- 250g of fresh green asparagus, washed and chopped into small pieces
- 300ml of liquid cream
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 handful of chopped spring onions
- 1/2 tsp of coarse black pepper (freshly milled)
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 handful of finely chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp of chopped capers (optional)
- Salt, to taste
Put a skillet over a medium heat then add the olive oil followed by : spring onions, garlic, asparagus, capers and pepper. Stir fry until the asparagus is cooked then pour the cream and add the salmon. Cook further for 5 minutes then remove from the heat. Taste before adding the salt as smoked salmon is usually quite salty.
In the meantime, cook the pasta al dente in plenty of salted water. As soon as it is drained, mix the spaghetti with the creamy sauce and the parsley.
Serve with some greens on the side, or a salad.