Sautéed cauliflower with herbs2017-05-22
- Servings: 4
Cauliflower is amongst the healthy vegetables that we should eat… often!
This recipe is tasty, not fatty and quick to cook, unlike the classic cauliflower cheese.
Served hot or warm, it is a good side dish.
And you can use the herbs you like best, if those mentioned in the recipe do not appeal to you.
- 1 medium head cauliflower, washed and cut into florets
- 4 or 5 garlic cloves, minced
- Chili paste (harissa type) or fresh red chili, to taste
- 1 tsp of white pepper
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- Enough olive oil to stir fry
- About 4 tbsp of fresh finely cut parsely
- About 4 tbsp of fresh basil, finely cut
- 4 or 5 sprigs of fresh chives, finely cut
- Lemon juice and zest, to taste
- Salt, to taste
To retain the vitamins, steam cook the florets (instead of boiling) for 3 or 4 minutes. It must be al dente, not mushy.
In a wok type pan, over medium heat, warm the olive oil then add the garlic, chili and the spices. Stir fry until the garlic becomes fragrant (do not burn!)
Finally add the cauliflower, mix well and keep on stir frying for few more minutes. One minute before the end, drizzle the lemon juice and sprinkle the prepared herbs, lemon zest and salt. Make sure the florets are well coated before removing from the heat.