Potato Wedges, Bell Peppers and Chorizo Picante2018-11-22
- Servings: 4
This is a simple but very tasty dish which uses potato as its main ingredient and is ideal as a side dish or a light meal.
For a vegetarian meal, just omit the chorizo sausage and use 1 tsp of hot smoked paprika instead.
- 4 large potatoes, washed and boiled unpeeled
- 3 bell peppers (green, yellow and red), thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly cut into wings
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric (healthy supplement)
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 3 tbsp or more of olive oil
- About 140g of chorizo Picante (spicy), preferably skin removed then diced into smaller pieces
- 1 tsp of hot smoked paprika, if not using chorizo
- Salt, to taste
Cut the potatoes into wedges. Heat the oil then fry the onions until slightly coloured. Add the garlic, the chorizo and the peppers. Stir fry for few minutes then add the potatoes, the spices and the salt. Keep stir frying until the potatoes are heated and well coated with the juices of the other ingredients. Serve hot.