Potato and Spinach Medley2020-10-14
- Servings: 2 or 3
I love and eat every edible green leaf but this does not apply to my husband! He loves vegetables but not green leaves. He will eat them when they are hidden or covered with something else, hence this medley!
- 200/250g of baby spinach leaves, washed
- 4 medium size potatoes, peeled, cut into pieces and ready to boil
- 3 or 4 cloves of garlic, mashed
- 4 tbsp or more of olive oil + an extra drizzle at the end
- Salt & white pepper, to taste
Boil the potatoes, in salty water, until they are tender enough to be mashed. But before putting off the heat add the spinach and let it cook, together with the potatoes, for about 5 minutes, then drain and place in a bowl.
Immediately, when it is still hot, add the olive oil, the garlic and the seasonings and mash thoroughly until everything is soft and properly mixed.
Serve warm or at room temperature, with an extra drizzle of olive oil.