Pesto, Avocado & Pasta2021-03-04
- Servings: 2 or 3
I have been foraging lately for the first shoots of wild garlic and made a delicious pesto
Which I used in this recipe. « How to make pesto » is posted on this website but of course you can use any store bought pesto.
My husband loved this new inspired sauce that I made with spaghetti. Any other form of pasta will do. Just remember you don’t cook pesto! You just add it to the drained hot pasta. Same rule applies for the avocado mash.
- 3 or more tbsp of pesto (enough but not too much)
- 1 large avocado, mashed
- About one big handful of grated Parmesan and another of grated mozzarella
- A sprinkle of cayenne pepper
- A squeeze of lemon
- A drizzle of olive oil
- Salt (only if needed) and freshly ground black pepper
- 200g of spaghetti cooked al dente
Mix all the ingredients then combine them with the hot drained spaghetti. Taste and adjust the seasonings if needed and serve immediately. It can be reheated in the microwave.