Mashed Potato and Spinach Salad2019-07-10
- Servings: 3 or 4
This dish is inspired from an existing Lebanese dish made with mashed potatoes and dressed as a salad. Although it might seem unusual to have mashed potato, mixed with spinach, as a salad, it is really tasty! And the extra fibre from the spinach makes this dish more colourful and healthier!
I would recommend for it to be eaten at room temperature but, if you prefer, it can also be slightly warmed.
- 4 or 5 medium size potatoes, peeled and cut into smaller pieces
- 200g of fresh spinach leaves, washed
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely crushed (+1 whole clove to cook with the potatoes)
- 3 or more tbsp of olive oil + some for drizzling
- lemon juice, to taste (just enough to give a slight acidity)
- Salt & pepper, to taste
Boil the potatoes with 1 clove of garlic and some salt. When tender, add the spinach and cook further until the spinach has wilted. Drain then mash the potatoes and spinach with olive oil. When smooth, add the mashed garlic, spring onions and lemon. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well to combine then drizzle some olive oil on top of the mash. Serve cold or' warm.