Loubié Bizeit ( Flat Beans in Tomato Sauce)2017-03-18
- Servings : 4
This dish must be made with the flat and stringless beans known as Helda or Romano beans. They are flavoursome and are great cooked with tomato sauce (our recipe) or just cooked in water then seasoned with garlic, lemon and olive oil (served as a warm salad).
Before cooking them, you need to cut the stalk (no need to cut the point at the bottom), wash them then slice them vertically into smaller pieces.
- 500g of flat green beans (already washed and cut)
- 3 or 4 ripe tomatoes or 250g of tinned tomatoes
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 whole garlic bulb, peeled and crushed
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric (healthy supplement)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
Put the beans and all the other ingredients in a pan, mix well then put on a very low heat.
No water is added as the beans and the tomatoes will shed their own liquids.
Let it simmer until the beans are cooked and the tomato sauce has well thickened. If needed, adjust the seasoning.
They are best served at room temperature.