Grilled Honey Chili Pork Belly2018-02-27
- Servings : 4
This Chinese recipe is colourful, tasty and easy to cook!
Chinese cuisine is one of my favourites and my husband, who lived few years in Hong Kong, loves it.
- 1 kg of pork belly, chopped approximately into 7cm
- 1 tbsp of Chinese chili sauce
- 4 tbsp of honey (can be replaced by sweet chili sauce or brown sugar )
- 3 tbsp of vinegar (rice vinegar, if available)
- 1 tsp of 5 Chinese spices + 1 tsp of turmeric (as healthy supplement)
- 2 or 3 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp of ginger powder or 1 tbsp of grated fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp of sesame oil
- A sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds
Put the pork belly pieces in a pan of water. Bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer. Remove from water after 30 minutes.
In the meantime, mix well all the other ingredients except the sesame seeds. At this stage, you can taste the sauce and adjust it to your liking.
Put the pork into a baking dish, pour the prepared sauce over and put in the oven for about 1 h to 1 and a half hour. Turn the pieces from time to time.
When cooked, put the dish under the grill for few minutes, to obtain a nice caramelised colour. When ready, sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and serve.