Beetroot and Feta Salad2018-07-09
- Servings: 4
I love beetroot! I guess the love of it is encrusted in my Polish DNA!
Beside being tasty and sweet, it is full of vitamins and minerals. Before we married, my English husband thought that beetroot was eaten only pickled!
In Poland (also in the neighbouring countries), beetroot is a staple vegetable and used in many dishes.
The sweet beetroot with the salty Feta cheese and the tangy balsamic vinegar is a flavoursome combination and a good accompaniment to any meat, fish or chicken dishes.
- 4 medium size cooked beetroot, thinly sliced or cubed
- 100g of Greek Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 big banana shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar or to taste
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Small handful of chopped parsley or any other herb of your choice
- 1 heaped tbsp of agave syrup or honey
- 1 tsp of coarse pepper
- Salt only if needed as Feta cheese is already salty
After boiling and peeling the beetroots, cut them in half then slice them thinly and place them in a bowl.
Mix all the other ingredients with the beetrootslices, adding at the end the crumbled Feta cheese. Adjust the seasoning if needed, then sprinkle the parsley and serve.