Bean Sprouts Salad2018-07-09
- Servings: 2 or 3
This Korean inspired salad is light, fresh, tasty, healthy and easy to make.
It’s perfect as a side dish or a light summer lunch.
- About 300g of fresh bean sprouts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- A handful of radishes, cut into thin sticks (optional)
- A handful of fresh coriander or parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 fresh red chili, seeded and finely chopped, or to taste
- Juice of 1/2 or 1 lime
- Splash of rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp of toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of toasted sesame seeds
- Salt, if needed
It's advisable to blanch or steam the bean sprouts, respectively for 1 and 2 minutes to avoid the risk of ingesting harmful bacteria. They can be eaten raw but it's much safer to blanch or steam them. They will still retain their crunchiness. Once done, transfer the sprouts to a bowl of icy water to stop them cooking. Then drain well and squeeze them lightly to remove excess water.
In a salad bowl, toss the bean sprouts with all the other ingredients. Taste, adjust the seasonings if needed then serve immediately. Do not keep them in the refrigerator for a long time.